Friday 5 April 2013

Ally Tunes

Ally Tunes
660a Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn
Melbourne, Australia
+613 9819 9449

Visited this very cool record shop/coffee shop off Glenferrie Road right next to Glenferrie station and was blown away by the friendly service and quirky selection of C.D.s and mainly electronic 12" vinyls. Tucked away down a walkway access to the train station the shop had a real vib to it and I don't know whether it was the beautiful autumn day, the coffee or just burying myself in one of my favourite music styles, but this was a perfect afternoon record hunting.
The majority of the vinyls were from the middle to late 00's with techno, minimal, dubstep, house, French, D&B etc all having their own partition.
There was a significant amount of vinyl to get through with most of the partitions so tightly packed that I had to remove 5-10 albums before I could comfortably flick through the collection.
In the end I selected the 1999 Steve Rachmad (Ignacio) E.P. Sikor, Les Violons Ivres by Agoria (2007) and promo version of New Order's Confusion E.P. from 1983. Sweet and heavy tech/house.


     =



           










No comments:

Post a Comment